I know what you might be thinking: Fruits are for weight gain, right?
Let me clear this up by saying this: Fruits are a necessary part of your daily diet.
This means you can’t exclude fruits from your daily meal plan, whether you are trying to gain weight or lose it. The reason for that lies in the nutrient count of fruits.
How to Lose Weight by Eating Fruits?
Although fruits have many natural sugars and carbs, a limited amount, and the right kind of fruit can aid you in your weight loss journey.
The biggest reason why fruits should never be left out of your diet is that they are known to prevent life-threatening diseases like heart attack and cancer.
First, let’s discuss in detail how fruits can benefit you in losing those pounds:
1) Essential Nutrients: At the end of the day, your goal should be to lose weight healthily. You don’t want to end up sick and in a hospital at the end of your weight loss journey. To accomplish that, you need to include healthy choices in your diet plan, which means keeping fruits a part of your healthy diet.
Vitamins, fibers, potassium, and antioxidants are just a few of the essential nutrients that your body needs to function correctly, and fruits can provide that.
2) High Fiber Content: Fruits rich in fibers should be incorporated into your diet daily. They will help you feel full and make you eat lesser. Fibers also improve your gut health, which needs to be healthy to aid your weight gain.
3) Natural Sugars: Sugar is almost always associated with weight gain, but that isn’t exactly true. Artificial sugars found in junk food are the lead cause of weight gain and health problems, whereas natural fruit sugars (fructose) are only in such small amounts as not to cause your body any harm.
Now that we have discussed the health benefits of fruits and how they help in weight loss, it’s time to talk about the right types of fruit that you need to eat to shed those pounds.
1) Watermelons: Watermelons have high water content, thus making them a low caloric fruit. It will help you stay fuller and hydrated, so you will stay away from eating more. Also, the water will keep your body functions working usually.
2) Oranges: Again, oranges are a low caloric fruit while being loaded with Vitamin C. So, you get your required Vitamin C for the day without adding many calories to your body.
3) Blueberries: Now, here is a fruit that increases your metabolic rate, and that in turn helps your body burn calories, and that’s the essential part of weight gain. The benefits of blueberries don’t end here; they are also very rich in nutrients and fibers.
4) Strawberries: They affect similar to blueberries as they aid in fat burning.
5) Pears: Pears are fiber dense foods, and as already discussed, fibers help keep you feel fuller, so you will eat lesser.
6) Peaches: They have high water content that means they have lower calories and will keep you hydrated at the same time.
7) Grapefruits: Firstly, grapefruits contain enzymes that help you burn fat. Secondly, they also have high water content making you stay fuller. Thirdly, they are rich in nutrients that your body needs for proper functioning.
8) Apples: Apples are fat-free fruits and contain lesser calories than most fruits. They are also fiber dense fruits. Apples have been known to prevent several health problems.
Remember that a healthy weight loss journey will help you in the long run, so opt to make healthier choices rather than the ones that will cause you further health problems. For that, fruits are the best way to go.