If numerous diets do not help, but you want to get in shape, planning is your friend. This is the only way to achieve maximum results.
The Importance of Meal Planning
- Less stress. If you plan your main meals and snacks in advance, then you simply don’t have to choose, there will already be a clear plan. Planning helps to avoid emotional swings and tests of your willpower. We make a plan – we follow it.
- Saving time. A well-written plan helps save time in the kitchen and in the store. Planning your diet in advance allows you to make the necessary list of products.
- Saving results. With a clear plan, you can follow it for a long time and without gaps. The less energy spent on deciding “what to eat”, the more likely it is that you will be able to achieve the desired results and maintain them.
What is a healthy diet and how to eat it
- Reducing to a minimum the consumption of sugar, flour, processed foods and highly processed foods.
- The maximum amount of fresh products: legumes, vegetables, fruits, berries and whole grains.
- Menu variety:
Buying different meats – chicken, rabbit, duck, turkey, fish, lean beef.
Various legumes and cereals – buckwheat, oatmeal, rice, quinoa, millet, bulgur, chickpeas, beans, lentils.
A variety of vegetables and fruits, nuts and seeds, and various vegetable oils.
The main thing – do not be afraid to experiment, so you can choose the most comfortable food.
What to eat to be in shape
There should be about 3-5 meals a day, you need to choose a comfortable mode for yourself. Someone may not eat breakfast, but someone cannot do without it.
This meal is best made savory. Breakfast should contain BJU, as it charges the body for the whole day. The degree of density depends on the plans and preferences of the person.
Top 7 hearty and healthy breakfasts:
- Oatmeal in water / milk with fruits, nuts and berries
- Cottage cheese casserole or cheesecakes
- Oatmeal with fruits and nuts
- Fried eggs or scrambled eggs with vegetables
- Toast with egg and various vegetables
- Yogurt with cereal and fruits
- Sandwich with chicken and vegetables
Lunch should be hearty, it should contain vegetables, cereals and protein: meat, legumes, eggs, tofu.
- Fried eggs with ham and vegetables
- Pilaf with chicken
- Filled pasta
- Baked fish with garnish
- Tofu with spices and grilled vegetables
Dinner should be light or heavy, depending on how much was eaten in previous meals.
5 ideas for dinner:
- Vegetable salad with turkey
- Stuffed pepper
- Broccoli with egg
- Cottage cheese with herbs and any butter
- Fish with vegetables
If you want to eat, and before a full meal for a long time, snacks are a great help.
Examples of healthy snacks:
- Dried fruits
- Cottage cheese
Weekly or monthly planning
There are several ways to plan your diet. Let’s consider two of them.
Method 1: first plan a list of dishes, and already buy products for it.
There are a lot of menu tables on the Internet that you can find. Print out this chart and take it to the store.
- It is worth remembering not only your preferences if you cook not only for yourself, but also for your family.
- Regular meals that are easy to prepare should be included on a permanent basis.
- It is advisable to mark on the menu those dishes that will be consumed outside the home.
Method 2: compiling a menu based on existing products.
Just go to the store and choose the products of your choice. And then a menu is formed from these products.
- Dairy products: cottage cheese, soft and hard cheese, kefir, fermented baked milk, plain yogurt, etc.
- Cereals and legumes: 3 types of cereals (buckwheat, rice, oatmeal, etc.), 2 types of legumes (beans, lentils, chickpeas)
- Fish and seafood: 2 types of fish or seafood (tuna, herring, salmon, shrimp, etc.)
- Vegetables, fruits and greens: 2 types of leafy greens (lettuce, spinach, sorrel, etc.), 3 types of fruits or berries (apples, pears, bananas, melons, cherries, etc.), 4 types of vegetables (broccoli , tomatoes, cucumbers, avocados, carrots, pumpkins, etc.)
- Poultry, meat and eggs: chicken or turkey, beef, eggs.
- Oils, nuts and seeds: vegetable oil (olive, pumpkin, walnut, etc.), 3 kinds of nuts or seeds.
Before any trip to the store, be sure to check your refrigerator, maybe there were leftovers from last week, eggs, cheese or yogurt. It is worth noting these products in your list.